Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reprieve

Okay, I think I'm better now. I managed to let my feelings out yesterday to somebody who listened and cared to what actually happens to me. I also had a long chat with Kay (who I mentioned a while back as my mentor) about my work-life. She again swears by the horoscope book (which she bought at Don Bosco). She said that life will be better by Jan. 19 and I'm really starting to believe in that stuff. She said that according to the book (ayon sa nasosolat), life will be tough from Dec. 19 to Jan. 18 and she was right! The last few weeks have really been tough. I was not able to enjoy my Christmas and the break because I so dreaded coming to work. So no major decisions for me until Friday.


Good thing I'm on leave today. We're attending the wedding of Leo's cousin. I would want to see how her wedding would look like as we both belong to the same wedding e-groups. She had a nice despedida de soltera last Sunday. I imagined how my party will be like.

===============================

My four year old laptop was looking for a replacement as early as last year. Good thing Leo took pity on me and bought me a new one -- Toshiba Satellite. It's a big deviation from my old trusty Compaq but that old heap was getting slower and get this, ants are setting up residence in its CDROM Drive. I don't know why as I surely do not use it as a coffee cup holder!

We got this laptop quite cheap and with specs that I can live with. A 40gig HD is okay and more importantly, it has wireless! Yahoo!I can surf while I'm in school! I could actually use my laptop to update my blog now. Now if somebody in the neighborhood has wireless access, I can maybe hook myself up. Hehe.

Speaking of New Year, it's been quite a bad start for me healthwise. On the evening of Jan. 5, I came home with the mother of all headaches. Good thing it was not painful enough for me to be able to drift off to sleep at around midnight. An hour and a half later, my cellphone woke me up and it was my dad in the other line. He asked me to take a look at my aunt as she was complaining of a tummyache and it sounded urgent. So I groggily looked in on her and she was fine. I just told her to wake me up in case she needed to go to the hospital.

I staggered back to bed but unfortunately, I could not go back to sleep as my headache returned in full force and it managed to spread from between my eyes, to my temples up to the back of my head. It got so bad that I threw up twice. I called up Leo feeling very pitiful about myself. He said that he can leave in 15 minutes, but taking into his travel time from work, it'll take him an hour before he can fetch me. I tried waking up my cousin to accompany me to the ER but he was so dead to the world. I did not want to disturb my aunt as she was resting so I quietly dressed and waited down at the garage for a tricycle to pass by. When one arrived, I quickly hailed it and asked to be bought to the bank (I was going to the ER and I had no money with me!) and then to the 24 hour clinic in BF.

Upon getting there, the doctor asked if I wanted a shot for the pain and I readily agreed. He also told me to have myself admitted to a hospital IMMEDIATELY if the pain persists even with the painkiller. Otherwise, it's just possible migraine. The shot really helped as minutes later, the pain abated. I then gathered my things, hailed another tricycle and I let myself back in the house. I don't think nobody noticed me gone. Leo called me back and asked if I needed him. I told him to stay at work as I just need to get some sleep. By the time I managed to drift off to sleep, it was around 3 am.

I woke up at 7 am and hurriedly got ready to go to school to pay my tuition and then to work to finish some pending items. Around lunch time, my dad called me telling me that my niece is on her way to the hospital due to possible dengue. Everyone was panicking as she had a nosebleed and according to the mother, her eyes bled as well. I got myself together and waited for my dad to pick me up to go to Medical City. Two hours later after we got there, the blood tests revealed that it was just viral conjunctivitis (sore eyes) which was left unattended for two weeks. Yes, my niece had sore eyes for 2 weeks an nobody noticed. Duh! Thus the fever and nose bleed.

Leo picked me up from Medical City--which is a really very nice (and expensive) hospital--and brought me back to the office where I stayed for another hour. After that, we went to Alabang to have dinner. On the way there, I got a text message from a good friend that she's also on her way to the hosptial due to a threatened abortion. Am glad that she's better now. Her baby's okay and she's resting at home.

1 comment:

Blair Bitch said...

congrats on the new laptop!!!