Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tagaytay Day-Off

I took the day off today at the request of Leo's mom. It's the birthday of Leo's grandmother and there is some sort of reunion up in Tagaytay. All of Mama's siblings are here and it's the first time in ages that this has happened.

Leo picked me up at 530 am on his way home from work. I brought my laptop with me so I had the chance to surf and update my sites. His dad was ready by 8 am and we left for Tagaytay.

I sat beside the driver's seat as Leo was trying to get some shut-eye. His dad and I talked about religion and the such. It was such a nice chat. Hindi pilit.

We arrived at their house in Tagaytay at around 930 am. We waited for an hour or so for the others to arrived and left for Highlands at around 11 am/

We had lunch at Highlands China Palace (hope I got the name of the place right). Well, it's the only Chinese restaurant up in Highlands. It was a full lauriat meal and I could barely stand up afterwards. I met for the first time, so of Leo's cousins from the US. They're all very friendly.

The weather in Tagaytay is very cool and crisp. It's like being in Baguio. Not surprising as the weather here in Manila is also as cool. I remember when I woke up Tuesday morning, the temperature was at 27.3 celsius! Brrrr! No wonder I'm shivering. Once the temperature goes below 30, I wear a sweater.

I could not enjoy the day that much though I was worried over Leo. He came from his night shift and he hasn't slept yet.

On another wedding note, Leo and I had ourselves registered at Rustan's bridal registry. We got lots of nice freebies including a planner. We checked a lot of items in our list. Hope to get some of them. :)

10 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

shine did i read it correctly 27.3C? dito kapag ganyang temp super naiinis na mga tao kase ang init. hahaha! yung ganyang temp eh nung summer dito ko naexperience. ngayon dito is 27F. in conversion to C its -2.7C. its actually cold but 2 layers of sweater would keep me warm throughout the day plus the heater. it even reached single digits here last week....as low as 9F

Rene David said...

pinakamalamig nung tuesday. according sa news.

Joelle Horca said...

I LOVE bridal registries. It takes the headache away from having to think about something to give which the recipient would actually like. The free delivery is also a godsend. =) I

Nonie David Carluen said...

Ako din. I start feeling the heat when it reaches 25 C. Hindi ka pala pwede sa UK Sunshine. Summer duon low 20s lang ata. Is that right Norrie? I am happy between 18C - 24C.

jennie smith said...

Kasi, her body temperature is adapted to Phils. climate where it is mostly warm. Konting baba ng temperature eh malamig na for them. Claudine was also like that when she was just new here and I was the same too. It is a matter of adjusting to weather changes.

Nonie David Carluen said...

oo nga pala. I stand corrected.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Wait a bit...because of global warming, our summers are getting hotter in the UK. In fact last summer was the hottest to date pero not like in Australia (yet!). Ako I prefer cool/cold instead of heat kasi of my asthma but I know a lot of people love the heat...siguro cold blooded lang ako?

Rene David said...

Si Daddy gusto parati sa lamig. What I don't understand is todo todo ang aircon nya sa room nya tapos nakasweater siya parati at nakablanket na ang kapal. anokaya yun.....

Sunshine Sangalang said...

ayaw ko talaga ng malamig. basta bumaba ang temperature ng below 30, naka-sweater na ako. sa gabi nga, naka pajama ako na makapal yung shirt tapos, may blanket at comforter pa. partida hindi pa nakatutok sa akin yung electric fan niyan.

Nonie David Carluen said...

Ako kahit na mainit nakakumot. Not for the obvious reason but para hindi ako makagat ng lamok :-7