Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dead Tired at Valentine's

I officially moved to my new workstation last Monday. I was looking forward to it as it was 5 floors away from my previous workstation. A refreshing start.


I came to work Monday morning really early so I can have the time to fix my stuff and catch up on work. I went home 9 am Monday night and last night, I went home at quarter to 10 (and I was here at 730 am!). When I got home I had problems falling asleep as my mind was still at work (and the unfairness of it all). I think I fell asleep at 1130 pm. I woke up this morning at a godforsaken time of 430 and I could not go back to sleep as my mind is again at work. Now, I'm dead tired and trying to figure out how to get out of my rut. It's not helping me and most of all, it's already starting to affect my relationship with Leo.


On a brighter note, Leo gave sent me 2 dozen pink roses and a box (heart-shape pa!) of Lindt chocolate. The roses were sent through courier and in a glass vase. Looks like I won't be able to bring them home with me (I commute!). As for the chocolates, I initially shared them around but when I tasted one, I hoarded what's left! They're SOOO good! We'll be having lunch later and that's the extent of our Valentine's celebration. We learned our lesson last year to not go out during Valentine's Day (we went to a concert of The CompanY last year at Sucat. The parking was horrible and the service worse! We waited for our food for an hour and when it came, it was cold!).


As my gift for him, I got him a shirt (parang ang pathetic yata. Haha!).

12 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

Lindt chocolates are so so good. try their truffles...i bet you'll never stop munching on it. so good talaga! kaya i try to avoid buying Lindt chocolates kase hindi ko talaga mabitiwan. gosh...i discovered another tasty chocolate. ALMOND ROCA ang name. it's made with buttercrunch toffee with chocolate and almonds. its manufactured by Brown & Haley. Try it or i can bring some when i visit there this Sept.

Rene David said...

Happy Valentines to you!!!!

Norrie Blackeby said...

OOOOpppppssss preno muna Clauds.If you MUST eat chocolates eat the dark chocolates not milk or white because they're heaps better for you. Also please buy "ethically". Make sure the chocolates are from Fairtrade if possible. Lindt is a well known brand here in Europe. Happy valentines shine!

jennie smith said...

Belated Happy Valentines to Phil. relations! Today is Valentines day here and since Russell loves chocolates too, I got him a big bowl of heart shaped chocolates. Cheap ako, nestle lang! But, you guys- go easy on chocolates. We got here heart shaped ones with brandy. Not for me though...for Lillian.

JC Sobejana said...

Naku... hate dark chocolates. I don't like the taste of it. sorry! Alam mo tita meron ditong chocolate na super sarap din at sa sobrang sarap eh pinipilahan pa ng mga tao lalo na kapag Valentine's Day. parang pumipila ka sa roller coaster ride. hehehehe! its called Godiva. meron ba dyan nyan???

JC Sobejana said...

Happy Valentine's to all. Don't indulge yourself with too much chocolates as baka maindigest kayo just like what happened to mommy...hehehehe! I love you all.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Yes I tasted that too. One day you will like real dark chocolates especially the belgian ones. Trust me on this Clauds.

JC Sobejana said...

where can i get that tita?

Norrie Blackeby said...

I am sure you can get good belgian chocs in good stores in the US. Kasi naman we can get good chocs here in the supermarket. Iba talaga yun good dark chocolates. Fantastic and good for you ika nga. Not like white or milk chocolates with too much sugar. The dark ones really hit on your brain that will emit good vibes!

Rene David said...

Magkaka diabetis ako sa pinaguusapan nyo.. Dati dati choco nuts lang ok na.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

Lindt truffles yung binigay ni Leo. Sarap talaga! All in all, 3 o 4 lang ang nakain ko doon sa box kasi pinamigay ko yung iba. Mahirap na!

Rene David said...

Bakit dimo ako tinawag shine. Sana sa akin monalang binigay.... sayang naman...Nahatid pa kita.