Friday, February 09, 2007

Sick Day Off

I went home early yesterday as I was feeling under the weather. I had a bad cold that I couldn't shake off and it was triggering my asthma. When I woke up at 3 am this morning, I knew I just couldn't make it to work today. So I called in sick and planted myself in front of the TV for a little R&R.


It's too bad I got sick. I wanted to get things done today. Moreover, I had a lot of things scheduled to do. For one, we were supposed to meet with our coordinator this lunch time and then, there's a dinner party at Magallanes for one of Leo's tita's who is going back to the US. I had to text a lot of people this morning to inform them of the cancellation of plans.


As I settled down to watch TV, I made the Lifestyle Network the channel base and moved to the left or to the right but I make sure to return to the Lifestyle Network. It's my favourite channel--more of because of the Food Network. This morning I caught Bobby Flay with his gril cooking pizzas (yumyum!) and Tyler Florence cooking shepherd's pie and pasta with mushroom and turkey (double yum!). It made me crave for pizza and pasta.


That's all for now. I have to think of a Valentine's gift for Leo. I just realized that Valentine's is next week and I don't have anything for Leo yet!

5 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

me too....i never thought that valentines will be next week...ang bilis ng panahon noh. as usual, kis na lang ako sa kanya....ala pa akong peya to buy something for him yet. hehehe!

Nonie David Carluen said...

Anong valentine? Maydapat bang gawin?

Nonie David Carluen said...

Alam mo Sunshine - you remind me of the story of the moth who was fascinated with the lamp that it flew nearer and nearer the fire - well you know the rest of the story. Anyway in your case - sa kakapanuod mo ng cooking channel - eh makakakain ka kahit hindi ka gutom. Yuong sinasabi na "One minute in the lips - forever in the hips".Kaya ako nakablock iyan station na iyan sa TV ko.

JC Sobejana said...

I agree. Si Jeff hilig din nya manood ng Cooking channel eh.

Rene David said...

Hay nako ewan koba kay sunshine.... nuon pa nga e hailig nyan manuood sa cooking channel.