Saturday, February 03, 2007

Love Thy Neighbor - A Prayer to God

Lord,


I never thought that this commandment of yours would be very hard to follow.


I believe that you have never and will not ever create a bad person. All of us are created in your image and therefore, we our all inherently good. But there is this person who is really hard for me to accept. I do not want to reach the point where forgiveness will no longer be an option--actually, I have already reached that point.


Though I have already moved away from him (thank you Lord for granting me that prayer), he still continues to give me grief. I don't know when it will end or if I can still move further away.


Help me Lord to accept this person for who he is and not who I perceive him to be. Shelter me from his sharp words. Help me to decide what is best for me. Help him to understand me and to help him hold his tongue. Help him to change for the better. Help me to forgive.


Most of all, help me Lord to forgive.

1 comment: