Sunday, November 09, 2003

Busy-Bee

I just had a really stressful weekend.

I attended a birthday party of our friend, Eddie, at Laguna Friday night. We traveled for an hour and half just to get there and stayed up to 3 am singing and drinking. We woke up 7 am to hear news about a colonel who was killed while holding hostage an airport control tower.

I returned back to the office around 11 am to meet with my Information Management group mates and do a bit of work. I quit around 2 pm and accompanied my officemate to the mall to wait for her husband. After which, I hurried back home and collapsed on my bed. I woke up after 3 hours of sleep and worked on the stuff that I brought home from the office.

This morning, I opted not to attend to my choir duties and heard mass at the chapel nearby. I spent the early morning reviewing the case for our meeting late this morning. I met with my Statistics group mates for around 3 hours. After that, I did my grocery shopping and went home to collapse in bed and sleep again.

I spent the better part of the evening finishing up on my performance appraisal and answering some personality tests. I also tried doing my statistics homework but could not understand a damn thing about analysis of variances (ANOVA). Things are getting more complicated. Heck, I should start thinking of my final paper already!

I also tried watching TV but nothing’s good on. Jason X was on HBO but I was laughing the whole time. It followed its usual formula of high body count = good horror movie. Of course, the first people who got killed are those teenagers who were having sex. I swear, the Catholic Church can use the Jason series as a marketing tool to enhance their stance vs. pre-marital sex--if you practice pre-marital sex, you’ll literally go to hell, with Jason leading the way.

My mom's arriving from the US this Friday laden with our Christmas gifts and other stuff. What I'm really excited about is the laptop which she bought me AND my Two Towers DVD. Now if I can find the time to watch it. Heck, I'm not even halfway through with the "24" series which my officemate lent me.

Speaking of "24", I recommend this series to you all. It's absolutely full of suspense and would keep you in tenterhooks as to what will happen to who. Jack Bauer (brilliantly played by Keifer Sutherland--who is starting to look more like his father) plays the CTU (Counter-Terrorist Unit) boss who managed to beat all odds and could double as superman with his heroic attempts. It's not far-off enough that even if we suspend our disbelief, it's still believable. Not like LXG where my disbelief cannot go very far (i.e. Nemo's ship getting into the canals of Venice. That did not definitely sit well with me. Moreover seeing that the houses are literally built on stilts. DOH!!!!).

No comments: