Monday, November 24, 2003

FANGIRL

I'm not much of a fangirl. I mean I don't go around idolizing people and collecting memorabilia of their personal items. However, I am a fan of several writers and artists wherein I collect their works. There are times that I go out of my way to meet them and get their autographs.

I remember the time when I dragged a friend to accompany me to a book signing of Pugad Baboy where I brought with me my collection of PM Jr.'s swiney masterpieces. I even emailed him previously telling him how much I enjoyed his humour. Unfortunately though, he was only able to sign half of my collection.

There was also the time where I made an unscheduled visit to Megamall just to have Arnold Arre sign my copy of "Beyond Eden" which is a wonderful love story and "Trip to Tagaytay" which has a futuristic theme. It was an honor to meet him but unfortunately, I was too shy to stay and chat with him. He did tell me that I share the same name with one of his characters in the comic book.

I also had a friend bring my Charleson Ong books to school since Mr. Ong is his professor for a creative writing class. I did get my autographs but I did not meet him personally.

But with Lyndon Gregorio (which is a pseudonym), creator of the Beerkada comic strips, I not only had all my Beerkada books autographed (well except for Doug and Kitten), but I had the honor of having coffee and chatting with him as well! (So much for not being a fan girl). We stayed in Starbucks for an hour where we talked about hobbies and interests. I would consider it an honor if I was able to provide him cannon-fodder, errrr, inspiration for his future strips.

Here's to more Beerkada books!

No comments: