Sunday, April 03, 2005

Dating Myself

I woke up late and was not able to attend mass at the Villa. I slept around 130 am while keeping vigil on the Pope's health. When I woke up, I immediately turned on the TV and I learned that the Pope has quietly passed away this morning while we were slumbering. 9:37 pm Vatican time, around 330 am Manila time.

This time I was prepared, but I still can't help but shed a tear when CNN kept on showing pictures of him. He will definitely be a tough act to follow.

I decided to hear mass at the Divine Mercy and lo and behold, it's the Feast of Divine Mercy. There were so many people milling about and the church was packed! I managed to find a seat somewhere in the front left side. Typical of Divine fiestas, they booked bishops to say mass the whole day. Bishop Bacani was the priest presider on the mass that I heard (he was also the one who presided over my confirmation). People flocked around him after the mass. Everyone was trying to get his blessing, up to the point of grabbing his hand and pressing it to their foreheads and/or lips.

I caught a taxi outside the church and proceeded to Megamall where I bought some items and had a massage. I have a regular masseuse over at David's Day Spa and she was very pleased to see me after such a long period of absence.

After that very relaxing massage, I had lunch at Greenwich all by myself. It's a Sunday so there were so many families or couples milling about. Some of them even looked at me with question and/or with pity. They were probably wondering why I was alone. It does not bother me.

In fact, I used to go out by myself all the time even before Leo and I became an item. I got to go where I wanted to go and I actually got so many things done. I had to go home though before I exhausted my budget once again.

In case you're wondering what I'm doing by my lonesome when Leo and I usually spend weekends together, we decided not to go out this weekend due to the amount of papers and reports that we have to submit by the end of this week.

Oh yeah, it's Leo's birthday on Thursday. Do greet him, guys!

No comments: