Tuesday, April 12, 2005

If you have nothing good to say...

I'm not much of a poster when it comes to chatrooms and threads. More often than not, I lurk.

There's this chatroom where I read the posts and I sometimes wonder how ironic life can be. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry after reading this specific post. I decided to be irritated since I do not have the patience to be understanding. If I could just get a stick and bash it on a person's head. But hey, I'll be bashing it on my head as well because I remember I was that stubborn too. Durn. Didn't realize I was that frustrating.

Nevertheless, I've been taught to keep my mouth shut if I don't have anything good to say. I don't think that's a good idea though because it prevents us for being honest with another person--especially if that person is our significant other. It was the biggest thing that I had to overcome when Leo and I became an item.

I was a big supporter of "silent treatments". I justified my actions before saying that I don't want to say anything hurtful when I'm angry. I learned my lesson though, and so did he. We learned how to get around that and for me to be able to say what I feel without the worry of saying anything hurtful.

No comments: