Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Movies and TV

I had the chance to watch Fantastic 4 and Desperate Housewives last night. Leo picked me up at exactly 5:30 so we can catch the 6:40 showing of Fantastic 4. We were a week late in watching it since we were so caught up with our papers. Plus, my aunt is also in town.

I really liked the movie. I wasn't able to catch Stan Lee though. Leo had to point it out to me afterwards. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the parts wherein they were discovering their powers. It reminded me of a campaign that we once played in College. It also had a Marvel setting and the concept of the adventure was that we were a bunch of kids who have certain powers. What made the campaign fun was that we were discovering our powers little by little. I remembered my character although I could not remember her name. I think we just finished watching Bette Midler's Hocus Pocus then so my character was a witch! I recall her having a pet cat (who's name again escapes me) and one of her powers is being able to generate this sonic boom type of wave by doing La Salle's "Rektikano" cheer. She can also heal by spitting on her hands and rubbing it on another person's wounds.

When Leo took me home, we chanced on the pilot episode of Desperate Housewives (Starworld). It instantly got me hooked! Teri Hatcher was hilarious and so were the other "housewives". I hope I can catch future episodes.

We also caught the end-part of Rockstar: INXS! It's American Idol for the rock genre. Bo Bice would fit perfectly!

1 comment:

rmacapobre said...

I wasn't able to catch Stan Lee though

he was a delivery boy ..