Sunday, July 03, 2005

War of the Worlds

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. My SO knows and is very much aware of this fact. That's why if he wants to watch a Tom Cruise starrer, he uses all his charm and persuasion (not! hehe) just to have me watch with him.

However, it did not take much persuasion to have me watch War of the Worlds. My curiousity about the movie superceded my aversion to Tom Cruise. Too bad Miranda Otto only had a couple of scenes in the movie. I wanted to see how she'll fare in a modern day setting.

Over-all, the movie's ok. Special effects are again out of this world (pun intended). Of course, what do you expect from the master film maker, Steven Spielberg? I kept on bugging Leo on questions about the movie. Since I was not familiar with the book, I kept on guessing how the movie will end.

=================================

I have two papers for Finman due tomorrow. Because of this, I missed the annual outing of our department. To think I provided the budget for them to have fun *sigh*. Damn studies.

No comments: