Monday, December 17, 2007

Haagen-Dazs Craving

I've been craving for Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream the whole weekend. I gave in and ate two scoops last Saturday at MOA. It does not help that there's a Haagen-Dazs stall at ATC where I'm picked up by the driver every night before I go home. I have to fight the urge to buy a scoop or two whenever I pass by the store.

I told Leo that if/when I get pregnant, that ice cream will definitely be in my cravings list. He should have enough money to buy at least a pint of the delectable yummy ice cream (600/pint!!!). He said it's ok as long as it will last me a month. I disagreed. It will last me a week the most!

All the while, I thought Dulce de Leche was a Filipino-inspired flavour. Apparently, it's inspired by Latin America's treasured dessert. It's a delicious combination of caramel and sweet cream with swirled ribbons of gold caramel. Aaarggggh!!!!


10 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

hhhm baka naman preggy ka na? heheh di kaya?

JC Sobejana said...

oh that flavor....i love it too. that's my favorite. i discovered that flavor a week when I arrived in america. we have different manufacturers of that flavor in here and they all taste the same...very good indeed. but you know what...as much as I LOVE SWEETS before i got pregnant.....I HATE EATING SWEETS now that I'm pregnant. I dont know why....maybe its just on my 1st trimester. No appetite kase talaga ako. Baka ganun ka rin. So Leo, minus gastos syo yun. hehehehe! well, pwede rin maging cravings mo rin yun...iba iba naman kase ang mga tao eh.

Rene David said...

Magdala kayo sa Christmas eve dinner natin. :-)

jennie smith said...

Those are really good! But, I am worried about weight gain. I gave in a lot to cravings for pastries and cakes and cookies. And boy! I tried a lot of recipes for cookies the other day and I couldn't help but eat.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

ngarks! ang mahal! ang gagastusin ko sa dalawang scoop, puwede na akong bumili ng isang gallon na selecta!

Norrie Blackeby said...

I'd prefer selecta. I ignore Haagen here. I've never been that impressed by it. I think pinoy ice cream (aside from italian and cornish ice cream) as the best in the world. Seriiously!

Nonie David Carluen said...

Thank you for this expressed opinion. I thought I was alone in thinking pinoy ice-cream taste the best. I even love"dirty" ice cream.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Yes, the mamang sorbetero. My favourite was the keso ice cream and manga. Gosh it brings back vivid memories of childhood. Everytime I hear a hand bell I remember two things--one is mass and the other is sorbetes aka "dirty ice cream"! YUM!

JC Sobejana said...

oh yah.....definitely....."dirty ice cream" taste better. mura na at masarap pa. diba?? eat all you can pa kung gusto mo. andyan lang yan sa tabi tabi. not hard to find. hehehehe!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

may specific na dirty ice cream akong gusto. meron kasing dirty ice cream, parang sherbet na. wala masyadong cream. may nabibili ako dito kapag may bazaar, yung dirty ice cream na creamy talaga! as in! yumyum