Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Taylor Hicks Live in Manila!



I saw the ad last Sunday. I've been a fan of Taylor Hicks since Season 5 but I had no plans on going to this one. With the workload that I have, good luck on being able to leave early.

However, Tita Rosa sent me a text telling me that she just saw Taylor Hicks rehearsing across Glorietta 4. She kept on texting me until I gave in. At 630, I called it a day, packed up and walked towards Glorietta 4. It's not as easy as I thought as I was carrying 3 big bags--what I do for Taylor Hicks.It will definitely be faster than trying to get a cab during rush hour.

Tita Rosa managed to get a table at Superbowl where they have a clear view of the stage right across G4. Taylor Hicks took the stage at around 7pm. I wanted to scream when I saw him but it would freak out the other diners. I just ate, barely tasting what I ate, while watching him across the street. Unfortunately though, we can't hear him.

I quickly finished my dinner and walked across the street. What I would give to have my camera with me so I could at least take a picture of him. Man, he could really sing! Maybe why he did not make it as big as Daughtry or Carrie Underwood is that is songs are not mainstream. His style is more of Ray Charles and it's not popular to the pop generation.

It was great seeing and hearing him live, more of it's free!