Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sick and Tired

Well, at least I didn't get sick on my birthday.

I previously mentioned that I was feeling under the weather last night. When I was in the shuttle on my way home, I could feel my throat getting sore by the minute. That's why I only ordered warm calamansi juice instead of my usual lemon iced tea at CPK where Leo and I had dinner.

Leo took me home and I slept earlier than my usual time. I woke up at 1am feeling slightly feverish and my throat hurting so much. Leo made me drink a paracetamol tablet. He told me to forget going to the office today.

Anyway, I still woke up at 6am but did not get out of bed. I read and rested while waiting for my hubby to wake up so we can eat breakfast together. I already sent a text to my boss and my one-down that I won't be able to go to work today. I'll just rest and try to get more sleep.

However, I'm tempted to finish wrapping or fixing our other room. As you can see, plastic bags containing stuff we bought at the bazaar are all over the bed (good thing we don't sleep there) and all the wrapped gifts are piled on one side of the room. It's embarrassing, really.

Behind me is my table where I do the wrapping and writing. I'm almost done with the Christmas cards so I just have to send them off.

Anyway, I'll probably sleep again. I drank my ascorbic acid and another tablet of Centrum. I'm also drinking gallons of water to hopefully flush away the virus.

2 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

hay i was sick myslelf last week..must be the weather.....bed rest is the best!! losts of liquids and lots of vit and meds.....wag ka na ma oc with your gifts...
hope you get well soon....

Sunshine Sangalang said...

thanks. i'm returning to work tomorrow. huhuhu :(