Friday, June 13, 2008

Cebu, B?

Before I get too big to travel, Leo and I are planning to go to Cebu at the end of the month. I'm on leave for a week and I want to spend it somewhere else other than here at home. We initially thought of going to Hongkong but I'll probably be miserable as I don't have enough money to go shopping and I won't be able to enjoy HK Disneyland as I won't be able to walk as much as I want. So we're left with local choices.

Leo suggested Cebu and I liked the idea as we've always been planning to go to Cebu but those plans never seem to push through. Might as well.

Anyway, we would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay (preferably a pension house) and what to do and where to go while we're there. We're just going to stay at the Cebu proper and probably would not have enough time to go to Bohol. We'll probably just walk around and taste and see the sights. Would want to see Magellan's Cross but it's in Mactan Island (I need a Cebu map! I can't seem to get my geography straight!).

Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks!

4 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

ill have Reggie contact you or vice versa. She's from there. I dont know if she will be in Cebu ard that time. what is your exact date of travel? Shangri-la Mactan is a very nice place to stay...you will be facinated by the accomodation plus the front view beach. And it's near the city. If you want to go a little expensive you can stay in Plantation Bay. 5 years ago the rate was like Php5k a night. i dont know how much ngayon. But if you want to relax....not too much people...they have a virgin island in there. it's actually at the peak of cebu....it's a long travel by boat. but the beach is really really good. Anyway, reggie can give you alot of pointers. She lives there at cebuano yun.

Rene David said...

You may want to think twice before going on this trip...talk to your doctor if your baby can take it.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

daddy - yup. alam ng doctor ko. as long as there's nothing wrong naman daw, ok lang to travel. hindi pa naman ako sobrang high risk.

claudine - sobrang mahal ang mactan. baka nga mag-pension house lang kami. wala naman kaming plano mag-beach. ikot-ikot lang sa city. ayoko nung masyadong mahaba ang biyahe. pero sige, tawagan ko rin si reggie. padala mo naman sakin number niya. tenks!

Nonie David Carluen said...

i think we have a new travel king in the family with con. he probably has been into places we never knew even existed in rp. it is very unlikely he has not been to cebu but he is into nature and history sites though. give him a buzz if you like.