Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Did I Do On My Vacation?

I stayed at home for the past 2 weeks as ordered by my doctor. Only venturing out to go to mass or go to my doctor. So what did I do the past 2 weeks?

1. Watch TV
Thank God for cable. I became a couch potato and have memorized most of the program schedules. For instance, I watch Ellen and the Price is Right from 1 to 3 pm everyday and afterwhich, I take a nap. There are also the replays of CSIs (yup, all 3) which can be found at AXN (Ch 49) and Fox Crime (Ch 50) either early in the morning or in the evening starting at 8PM.
Chuck is showing on Mondays, CSI on Tuesdays (NY) and Wednesdays (LV and Miami), Amazing Race Asia replay on Wednesdays (before CSI Las Vegas). Yeah, lots of wonderful shows on the boob tube.
By the way, Price is Right--my new favourite show. :) Not only are the games interesting but they sure have a LOT of wacky contestants.

2. Internet Surfing
The Almighty Internet--and a dual connection at that. I never figured out why Leo wanted 2 DSL providers (PLDT and Globe) at home. Thank God he pushed through with it as PLDT has the tendency to go down. That's why Leo programmed my default to Globe which surprisingly has a better connection.
My favourite sites: davidcook.org, pep.ph, inquirer.net, yahoogames.com

3. Sleep
Oh yeah, the best thing there is. My baby is one happy peapod as his/her mommy was able to get some rest away from the stress. Sure, work intrudes once inawhile (like yesterday, I received more than a dozen emails from work as we're going to face something big starting today or tomorrow and my OIC wants my opinion on some of the stuff that he will be doing to handle it). But at least I get to sleep whenever I want and wake up whenever I want. I need to store up as after a few months, I'm sure I won't be able to sleep as much.

4. Read
I didn't have anything new to read as I already finished Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Series (yup, all 3 of them). So I eagerly await my People subscription that comes every Tuesday or Wednesday and reread my mommy books. I still have my People crossword that keeps me preoccupied as well.

5. Eat
Well, not as much as I want. Last week was bad for me. I couldn't eat whatever was served as I didn't like it and weird enough, I HATED the smell of vinegar as it smelled like rotten food! Leo said he could not smell anything but the whole dining area stank!  Odd though, I could stomach it again this week. I had to think what I wanted to eat everyday and I had Leo go out and buy it. So far, I made him buy Chowking noodles, Reyes Barbecue liempo and McDonald's. Yeah, not as healthy as it should be, but it was the only thing I wanted to eat at that time.
This week was relatively better. I could eat what was served but only at little amounts. Not like last week where I could not really eat at all.

That's basically it. I know it's not as productive as I wanted it to be, but at least I had the rest that I need. The real world beckons next week and I have to prepare for that as well.

2 comments:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Excellent news. You are doing the right thing. Bed rest is so beneficial. :-) Think only of good thoughts.

Nonie David Carluen said...

ahh bliss .... vegging out.