Sunday, December 14, 2003

Driving Ms. Sunshine

We went to the 101st birthday celebration of my lolo's eldest sister at Ayala Heights somewhere in Quezon City. I met some older cousins who I haven't seen in ages and a "kababata" who I haven't seen in years. It was fun reacquainting ourselves with our respective lives and stuff. Moreover knowing that I already have nieces and nephews abounding.

I also met a relative who happens to be a newscaster at a local channel (I think she also did a tv ad for a facial wash) and another cousin who's a close aid of GMA. It was fun though even if I vaguely remember most of their names.

During a lull in the celebration, I invited my brother to accompany me to practice my driving skills. I didn't realize that that would be a big mistake. Being a driving novice, I had no idea that the subdivision's hills with humps would be a humongous obstacle for my minuscule driving talent. I ended up inadvertently killing the motor more than once (while "hanging") and almost crashing into vehicles twice. It was really scary and I shed buckets of sweat the whole time. Going through that makes me wonder whether learning how to drive is worth it. Moreover with the maniac drivers abounding the city.

No comments: