Thursday, December 04, 2003

Birthday Girl

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cryyyyy if I want to. You would cry too if it happened to you!"

I can't recall offhand who sang that song but I remember it being included in one of Cher's movies (but then I could be wrong).

The reason why that song came up is that it's my birthday today (actually yesterday. It's already 1237 am of December 4 by my watch)! I just turned 28 and I'm proud of it. It's been a rather hectic day.

There are three highlights of my day. First, a really good friend sent me an appropriate and heartfelt greeting. It just simple said: "I doubt you'll get your peace on earth in our lifetime,so I'll wish you peace in your heart." With all the things that are happening in my life right now, I really REALLY needed that.

Today was also the first time when I received almost 40 messages from different people wishing me happy birthday. Does that mean that there are people out there who really care for me?

The third highlight was when I dropped by to attend a prayer meeting after class. I only stayed for an hour because my mom is leaving in a few hours and I wanted to spend the next few hours with her. We had some snacks and they honored me and my co-birthday celebrant with words of support, friendship and love. They truly are great people.

I also received some really nifty gifts. From my officemates, I got a bottle of Eve cologne from Plains and Prints which I have so wanted for the longest time. One of my staff also gave me a bilao of biko. A good friend from the community gave me a book which somehow appeased my turmoiled soul. To top it off, my Tita Rosa gave me a copy of "The Book of Jabez". I've so wanted a copy of this book for the longest time but was not able to buy it.

All these things basically tell me one thing--that I am a blessed soul. I have friends and family who has always and will continue to care for me. For that, I will be forever thankful.

No comments: