Thursday, December 11, 2003

Freedom!

It's over! I can't believe it's over! I survived my first finals week in Graduate School! Oh happy happy joy joy!

I can actually go back to work with that issue off my mind. The next thing I need to worry about is how to catch up on my work since I was on leave for the past two days and a half.

Overall, I really enjoyed my first term. Pressure and stress aside, it was indeed interesting and an experience in itself. Maybe my brain was craving for the knowledge that it appreciated my jump into graduate school. Moreover, my current studies helped me appreciate my job and created some sort of structure from all the learnings that I had culled in my four years with the bank.

Next term, I'm taking up a core subject (Management Science) and a pre-MBA subject (Financial Accounting). I think I made the mistake of taking up two math subjects in one term. I can take the math, it's just that it takes me quite some time before my brain can absorb a certain concept. That's why I had to work twice as hard to keep up with my groupmates. My groupmates are math gods (not surprising since one is a comsci graduate while the other is an engineering graduate) and our group meetings always leave me speechless.

I also decided to TRY to at least get an honorable mention upon graduation. Yes, I know it's ages away and it's very presumptuous of me to say so, but at least I have that goal in mind. That's a very difficult goal for me considering that I was not considered as an achiever when I was taking up my undergraduate studies. Maybe because I did not take my studies seriously then.

But then, that might be another source of stress for me, which is the last thing I need. I just received the results of my annual medical exam and the prognosis is not too good. Let's just say that if my mom got wind of the results, she will throw a fit since she has already forewarned me and I did not listen to her.

No comments: