Friday, December 26, 2003

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe that it's over. That must be the most exhausting Christmas I've ever had. Oh wait! There's still New Year! Hmmm...if I survived Christmas, I know I'll survive that.

We spent Christmas eve at our grandparents' house in Makati. It's been tradition that we spend it with them. None of us is excused from that gathering (unless you're out of the country). It's the time that my grandfather also gives out his pamasko. It has been the same amount ever since I was born and it has not changed. Nevertheless, it was still fun.

The gift-giving was ok. I got two items from my wish list--well sort off. My sister and her husband got me the Pug. Well, sort of a pug. It's actually a doggy bank in the shape of a pug. It's so cute! My brother and his wife got me a Lord of the Rings: Return of the King shirt with Legolas featured in front. I almost swooned in delight. I gave them towels with their names on them which they liked. I gave my twin sister shirts which I hope would fit her (according to my mom, who was with me when I bought those shirts, they would fit).

As for my dad, I gave him the new Josh Groban cd and a plaque from Papemelroti saying "Please stop smoking. We want to die of natural causes" or something like that. We've been urging him to stop smoking but he's a bit hard-headed about it.

My lolo loved the gift that I gave him. It's a book of Kapampangan stories. In his old age, he loves anything that has to do with his home town.

Of course, there were downsides to that gathering, like my ref cakes which I was supposed to give away suddenly disappearing for one. I already have an inkling where they went but since it was Christmas, I did not pursue the issue.

As for Christmas Day, my father and I heard mass in the morning then we went home. We basically stayed here the whole day doing nothing except watching dvd's. We had a Lord of the Rings marathon (which made my butt hurt) and saw our maid off as she goes to her home province for her annual Christmas vacation. We insisted that she returns in two weeks though because last year she was gone for almost a whole month. Fortunately, most of us here at home are on vacation which would enable us to do the chores.

I badly need to go to the parlor for a pedicure, facial and the works. With most of the holiday stress over, I need to recuperate. Am going back to work on Monday and Tuesday and then there's another 5 day holiday for us. Work starts again on the 5th and my classes on the 7th. Can't wait to get started.

No comments: