Sunday, December 07, 2003

Return of the King

Fourteen days to go and the journey will end.

I got my premier tickets for Return of the King this afternoon at Greenhills. At least I can rest easy now. I don't think I can wait until January to watch the movie. For fantasy buffs like me, that will be an eternity.

I remembered reading the about Middle Earth when I was a kid. I saw the collection sitting on top of my aunt's television. Being the bookworm that I was (read: nerd) and seeing that it's a classic (the edition is as old as I am!), I borrowed it from her and never returned it. The prose can be a bit tedious to read but the universe that Tolkien crafted is the birthplace of the worlds created by other fantasy writers.

I could barely remember the story when my friends and I bought tickets to the first Lord of the Rings movie. All I know is that they're very excited about it. Three hours later, I suddenly remembered why I'm such a fan. I really can't wait!


CHRISTMAS PARTY #1 (and counting)

December 1 does not only mean that the birth of Christ is a few days away, but it's also the start of a string of Christmas parties.

My first Christmas party this year is that of our bank. It was held last Friday at Makati Shangri-la. It was the best so far and I truthfully mean that. Deviating from the usual prizes of appliances, our benevolent CEO (sipsip!) gave away trips abroad. Originally it was supposed to be trips for two to Hongkong, Bangkok and Europe. An hour before announcing the trip to Europe prize, Mr. Simon Morris (our CEO) suddenly announced that they will be giving another prize and that's a trip to Australia! No one left (except for a few) that night and we stayed until 12 midnight waiting for the announcement. Unfortunately, I did not win but I still had a great time. Moreover, with our division winning the Christmas presentation. Too bad I had no part of it this time since I was too busy with work and studies to attend the practices. I guess we're thankful to the "Otso-0tso" craze for winning the prize for us.

I have another party coming up on the 19th and some others which I don't want to attend but we'll just see.


STAH-TEES-TIKS FEVER

Our group of 3 had our case presentation last Thursday. I'm proud to say that it turned out quite well. Our classmates actually applauded our presentation and our professor heaped us praises. My groupmates are indeed very brilliant and I give them credit for my good grades. Jek and Ryan made my first term in La Salle very memorable and worthwhile indeed. They helped me understand the concepts being taught to us by our very abled professor, Mr. Montesclaros, and they never hesitate to answer even my most inane questions. Having them as groupmates also made me strive to study harder so I could contribute something to our case papers. I am truly blessed.

No comments: