Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Happy Holidays!

I can't believe it's already Christmas! After all the rushing and pressure, it's finally here!

This Christmas is different as compared to the previous Christmases that I've had. I was not able to participate in he traditional Simbang Gabi's or the carollings. I owe my absence to the demands of work and early on, the demands of my studies. I went to confession last night and I shared this to the priest. His advice was simple and I could not help but shed a tear as I poured out my frustrations. I've always known the answer all along and he just repeated what it's in my head and my heart. With all the things that I have missed to do this holiday season, it might mean that I'm changing. That as I advance in life, my priorities and needs change. I realized that he's right. I could not participate in the simbang gabis due to my work and studies. I could not participate in the church activities because I want to spend time with my family.

Ah yes, family. In devoting myself to my numerous extra-curricular activities and my work, I've somehow neglected my relationship with my family. For the past few weeks, I find myself spending more time at home and going out with them. I'm thinking that next holy week, I'm planning to go out of town with them. It's been a long time since we went out of town together.

I'm going to do some last minute Christmas shopping tomorrow. I still haven't bought a gift for my dad. I knew I would forget something even if I did my shopping early this month. Afterwhich, I'm going to bake some cookies which we're going to bring to our noche dinner with our grandparents.

On Saturday, we're attending the wedding of an officemate. I bought a dress this afternoon which I will wear to the event. Thinking that I could wear it again. It's a nice lavander colour.

No comments: