Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Happy Un-Valentine's Day

I have never had an eventful Valentine's Day except when I was in first year college and my friends sent me a singing choir telegram. I can still remember the songs, "I get by with a little help from my friends" and "Love is all that Matters". I was so touched that I could not help but shed a bucket of tears the whole time. Heck, my image was immortalized by our photographer friend in black and white. Everytime I would look at the snapshot, I can't help but smile.

After that, I can't help but compare the succeeding Valentine's Day I had. Nothing noteworthy so far. Maybe because my relationships do not last long enough. So I guess the so-called special day is kind of overrated.

A friend once asked me if I was a member of the "SGV" (Samahang Galit sa Valentine's) and I said no since I'm already an active member of "SMC" (Samahang Malalamig ang Christmas). See, Christmas lasts for almost 2 whole months while Valentine's is only one freaking day. That means I'm only going to suffer for 24 hours. This year, the suffering won't be as intense since Feb. 14 is a Saturday! Hah!

Why do people have to go through this whole courtship ritual thing? Life used to be simple for Adam and Eve. "Adam, meet Eve. Eve, meet Adam. Now go forth and multiply." Even if I've read thousands of romance novels, I will never figure out love and romance. As far as I know, God is Love and Love is God. Unfortunately, people's definition of love differs from mine.

No comments: