Saturday, February 14, 2004

My V-Day

At least I did not spend it brooding at home. I went out with a friend: had dinner and watched a wholesome Disney movie. I was severely disappointed though when I got bumped off from my spa appointment (for those who intend to get the spa treatment at Fitness First Plus RCBC, think again. They might prioritize more "important" clients over you) this afternoon. I would not mind if they told me beforehand but they had to wait for the exact time that no one can attend to me. They were offering a male therapist but I just gave them this "evil" look which made them back off. My point was I scheduled my appointment on a Wednesday and I arrived 130 pm for my 3 pm appointment just for them to tell me at 3:20 pm that there is no therapist available. That really got my goat. I stormed off to the locker rooms to dress up (they made me wait in a robe!) and hurried off to the reception and DEMANDED that someone explain to me what happened to my reservation. To give them due credit, they were very apologetic about it but I hated the fact that I had to wait! What made matters worse was that I was LOOKING forward to having this treatment! I was so freaking frustrated! Good thing I brought a bathing suit with me so I swam laps instead, and soaked in the jacuzzi. It soothed my temper but did nothing to ease the disappointment. However, they did give me a gift certificate of any massage of my choice--but they can never give back my time.

I met with my friend at around 430 pm. We ate dinner at a Korean place and watched a sickingly wholesome Haunted Mansion. I wanted to watch it for the thrills but it barely moved me (except for a surprising moment or two). It was rather bland for Eddie Murphy and I expected more from him.

Speaking of Disney, there's trouble in the cartoon-makers' headquarters. Stockholders and the some members of the board of directors are demanding for his head. Apparently, Eisner broke his ties with the CEO of Pixar (whose name escapes me right now) which pissed some important people at Disney. Box office sales of Disney made cartoons are not good as compared to the movies done by Pixar.

Anyway, I'm just tired right now. Tired from the amount of time I spent in the gym, and drained from getting mad at those spa people.

No comments: