Monday, February 02, 2004

Monday Blues

I had a blah day today. One of those days when you're not sure whether it's good or bad. It was my officemate's birthday yesterday so we had pancit and barbecue for lunch. We bought him ice cream (which I did not eat any bite of. Yay!).

I could feel the pressure starting in at work. I could see it as a challenge instead of an inconvenience. Work volume for my unit is starting to build and I'm having staff problems. My regular head count is 2 regular staff and 1 temp. One of my reg staff went on maternity a couple of weeks ago while my other regular staff is transferring to another department effective next week (did I mention she also just got back from her maternity leave?). I had to get a temp staff to replace the one who was on maternity but had to terminate her due to absences. I had to get another one who I had to train almost from scratch. On top of that, there's my usual workload at school and at work. Oh well, I guess I'm still lucky.

I saw the trailer of Piolo Pascual's new movie. Grabeh! I could only stare open-mouthed when I saw him at ASAP and The Sharon Cuneta Show yesterday. He is absolutely gorgeous! Judy Ann Santos hit it right on the money when she said, "Puwede mo nang ulamin yung mukha niya". He's so scrumptious and delicious! I wish he'll have another movie soon, minus Claudine Baretto. Heck, though how much I love Piolo, there's no way I'm watching a movie of his with Claudine on board. I love you Piolo!!!!

To fight off the stress, I went back to the gym right after my class (good thing the La Salle campus and the gym are in just one building) and swam some laps. It was embarrassing again since there were 3 other guys in the pool with me. I had to get out since I was interrupting their respective work-outs due to my slow pace. The pool is long although it's wide enough to only accommodate 2-3 people. I consoled myself by soaking in the jacuzzi for 15 minutes or so.

One interesting thing that I culled from the sermon yesterday was selfishness. I realized that I've been very selfish lately and I'm trying to improve. I've been focusing too much into me that I'm forgetting the people around me. Especially those who needs my attention and help. I pray for the appropriate sensitivity to sense those times.

No comments: