Sunday, February 22, 2004

I Have a Life!

People at work have been noticing that I've been going home earlier than usual. Last Tuesday, I left my desk at 630 pm and my officemates asked me where I was going since they know that I have no classes during Tuesdays. I told them cryptically, "I DO have a life."

With so many activities in my plate, they were rather amused by my answer. What they don't know is that I added another activity in my ever growing plate, and that's dating.

Dating is something new for me and something someone will not see in my previous journals. People might find it weird since I did have boyfriends before. Did I not go out with them before we became a boyfriend-girlfriend couple? Let me put it this way, all my previous relationships were rather unconventional, not to mention I had no idea on the whats and whys on dating. I was so young and naive before that I thought dates were only for boyfriend-girlfriend couples. Not for people who want to get to know each other better.

After my last relationship which ended 2 years ago, I asked God to just let me experience for once, how it means to have a "normal" relationship. You know, where you actually go out on dates, know each other better, and sharing each other's lives before committing to becoming a couple. I made the mistake before of committing even before I knew a guy. I
instantly became blind to a guy's a faults just because he showed special interest in me. I made the mistake of thinking that serious and intense conversations are enough basis for an actual relationship. I committed an error in deciding that "like" is akin to "love".

Now, God gave me this gift to appreciate and to nurture. It's fun going out and getting to know the guy under typical circumstances. I'm actually having a good time in not rushing in, and instead, just enjoying the moments that we have together.

My friend and I just had our 2nd date yesterday where we watched "Cold Mountain" in Eastwood and walked around in Baywalk along Roxas Blvd. It was fun just being with him and getting to know him in different levels. We already planned another date in the future (not to mention other stuff that we would want to do and movies that we would want to see), I guess that's a good indication that we find each other interesting.

Who knows where this might end up? Maybe that's where the excitement lies. Of course, I do wish for the best but no one can see the future. Who indeed knows?

No comments: