Monday, February 02, 2004

Pirates of Ayala

No, I'm not talking about the people that hawk their pirated dvds/vcds along Ayala every afternoon. I'm talking about the more high scale kind--those who pirate people.

Young people nowadays like being pirated. Hopping from one company to the other, using one company as a stepping stone to get a job with higher pay and larger responsibility. It's a good way to advance your career but it's something that one should not take lightly.

There are times when I think about this. According to studies, a big percentage of why people leave their jobs is their bosses. Compensation is only 3rd, believe it or not. I'm ok with my work right now but I still have lots of room to grow. There are still numerous things that I can still accomplish in my role but I just need the right opportunity to do so. With my staffing problems right now, it's rather difficult for me to fulfill the other half of my job description.

Anyway, I'll just cross the bridge when/if I get there. I just have to make do with the situation and do my best with what I have.

UNDEREAT

is the opposite of overeat. I had my 2nd session with my dietician/nutritionist yesterday and I was surprised to know that I've been undereating. I'm not consuming enough calories. Based on my food chart, I'm only consuming an average of 75% of my allowable calories per day when in fact I should be hitting 95% or more. I was surprised because the time I ate 95%, I felt like I overate! I guess that gives me more leeway to still eat carbohydrates.

She gave me a food pyramid which somehow helped me with my menu planning. I'll discuss it tomorrow. I left my list at work.

No comments: