Sunday, February 08, 2004

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I had a grueling day at the gym yesterday. I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes, lifted weights for another 30 minutes, spent 15 minutes in the jacuzzi and swam for another 30 minutes. I was so hyper afterwards that when my friend came to pick me up, I was literally bouncing. It was no wonder that when we watched a movie, it had to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

My friend was laughing when I picked the movie. He said he was surprised since he thought girls liked the mushy movies. I laughed back at him when he said that.

But anyway...

The movie is a remake of the original movie shown last 1983. It was based on a true story where 5 young adults were killed in a far off Texas town by a chainsaw-wielding maniac. The movie opened with a somewhat Blair Witch effect which gave me chills.

The film has its scream-y moments. Lots of them which made me jump off my chair and almost injured my friend. It's good although it's not good enough to give me nightmares. A good horror movie is the one which gives me nightmares.

No comments: