Sunday, May 02, 2004

Movie Marathon

It's the first time ever that Leo and I had a full weekend to ourselves in Manila. Movie buffs we are, we spent the whole weekend watching four new movies. Last Friday we watched "School of Rock". Saturday we watched two movies back to back, "Starsky and Hutch" and "Hellboy", and as for today, we caught "Man on Fire".

Of all those four movies we saw, I liked "Hellboy" the best and "Man on Fire" the least. I liked "Hellboy" because it reminded me of my friends. The guys who are so into fantasy/sci-fi stuff/comic stuff. I don't know if they already saw the film, but I hope they have. HB (as what the secret agents call him) or Red (as what his love interest calls him) really rocks! Especially when he was packing those rounds.

"Man on Fire" is directed by Tony Scott. Same guy who directed Tom Cruise in "Days of Thunder" and "Top Gun". The cinematography of this movie was just outstanding. Thing is, it was pretty long. It ran for almost 2 hours and a half. I was kind of disappointed with the ending though. The plot was pretty simple ("You-killed-someone-who-was-very-dear-to-me-after-not-caring-for-someone-for-a-bloody-long-time-so-now-you-have-to-die). I even thought that it's like the plot of our Filipino movies. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. In this case, Denzel's character was kiling everyone who had to do with a certain person's "death".

"School of Rock" and "Starsky and Hutch" are just so-so. Not anything I would want to see again. Found them pretty boring too. It's something that I can only watch once.

Going to Subic this weekend for our department outing. Can't believe we managed to settle on a place and date. We've been arguing about the venue for weeks. It was originally supposed to be Puerto Galera but the date and venue was changed due to unavailability. Hopefully, we'll all be able to go. As usually, I'm in charge with the logistics etc.

Enrollment for my third term (first term for SY 2004-05) starts tomorrow. Will be taking up the last of my pre-MBA subjects. Hopefully I'll do better this term.

I'm seriously thinking of teaching. Which subject and what school are questions which I still haven't answered. Two things for sure. First, the school will definitely be not La Salle and second, the subject will definitely be business or banking since that's my expertise.

No comments: