Friday, February 04, 2005

All Alone Again

I wrote sometimes before how a good friend at work resigned. With her resignation, I was left with only one good friend at work.

The day that I had feared has arrived, she is leaving us. No, not to go abroad with her husband as was her original plan, but she got a good offer from another bank. I'm very happy for her and her choice. I'm envious of course, but my happiness for her overcame that negative emotion.

In my recent one-on-one with my boss, I told her that I feel sad with all the comings and goings of people in our department--especially if the person leaving is a friend. I felt incompetent that all these people are getting their breaks, while I'm left holding an empty bag. She said that I'm still young (yeah, she's my age and she's already an AVP) and I still have plenty of opportunities coming my way. I'll just hold on to the thought that God has a plan for me and it will happen in His time. In the meantime, I just have to continue to be patient.

No comments: