Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Badminton Part Deux

Talked with my household head and he agreed to move our Tuesday households so I can join my officemates during their plays. I brought him along to show him my gratitude. Good thing I did because my officemates were impressed by his form and his play. They thought he's my trainor! (har har har) Technically, he did teach me the basic rudiments and the flow of the game. We only managed to play once and I let him join the more "advanced" players, where shuttlecocks are flying over the net at great speed!

It was also a day of reconnecting with old friends/officemates.

Old Friend/Officemate #1 resigned a couple of years ago to accept an AM position from another bank. I cried buckets when she left because I will really miss her. She's my OT-mate and we were promoted to officer status months from each other. She sent me a text message this morning asking if I'm at work since she'll be sending me my tikoy (Kung Hei Fat Choi!). I called her when I got to work and we exchanged news and pleasantries. She asked me when I was going to get married and I asked her if she's willing to be a bridesmaid. Surprisingly, she said yes! I was shocked because ever since I've known this girl, she's been quite an AS and hasn't attended any of our officemates' weddings, and here she is volunteering to be my bridesmaid! And because of that, she's going to start losing weight (she's as horizontally challenged as me).

Old Friend/Officemate #2 resigned middle of last year to get married. I think I wrote about this as well. I cried in her despedida because other than Old Friend/Officemate #1, she's one of the honest-to-goodness "good" person that I know. She's so nice and so good that she radiates with it! I have never met someone like her and I'm glad to have known her.
Anyway, a picture of her, another officemate and me is displayed at my workstation. One of my guy officemates visited my area and saw the picture. Out of the blue, he asked about her and how she is. I immediately texted her and conveyed the question not knowing whether she would answer (ever since she got married, she's always out of town or out of the country). I was again surprised when she sent a message back saying she's expecting! We were so happy for her and are looking forward to her due date. We owe her a bridal shower, might as well make it a baby shower at that.

Anyway, have to crawl to bed now. Regardless of the stretchings that I did, my body will still hurt tomorrow.

1 comment:

rmacapobre said...

this is off topic. i read somewhere that feminism is dead in the states. i hope this isnt true. with that i leave you one of the most inspirational songs ive heard for womanhood ..

(chorus)
I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand