Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tagaytay

We spent the last two days at Tagaytay with Leo's family. I took a few pics, I'll post them tomorrow.


Well, Tagaytay was surprisingly cold. Really cold. Probably in the early 20's. I know that's not cold for much people but it is for me! Even if I closed the windows in my room, I still slept under a blanket and comforter. In fact, the weather was so cool that I slept most of Friday. When we went to Tagaytay Highlands for dinner, I was so cranky and I was groggy from sleeping too much.


Leo and I arrived at Tagaytay Thursday before lunch. The traffic at South Superhighway was surprisingly light. Most of the people must have left early. The house of Leo's parents is located in a gated community called Terra Moy. It's on top of a hill with around less than 20 houses. I settled into my room while Leo played around with his dad's projector. Leo's sister and her family arrived something after lunch.


We had dinner at the house Thursday night after hearing mass at Highlands. Friday morning, we just stayed in the house. As I said, I just ate, read and slept. The children were hogging the dvd player with the games. Leo's dad found a dvd of old atari/family computer games. It was very nostalgic. I finished a couple of rounds of Mario Bros. and Arkanoid. Brings back good memories. Leo's nephews were impressed by my dexterity (regardless of the poor graphic quality. Hey, these are boys who are used to PSP's and Playstation-like graphics). Too bad the controllers keep on getting stuck or I could've gone on.


As today was Leo's birthday, we had lunch at Tagaytay Highlands China Palace with Leo's family. His grandparents came from Magallanes just to attend the lunch. The Orange Shrimp was good. Actually I think it was Prawns. They were so big. They call it Crystal Prawns. Must be why they're so humongous.


I think I gained pounds the last couple of days. Doing nothing but eat and sleep can do that. At least I finished one book and am almost through with another book. Also managed to watch Pan's Labyrinth (will write a review on that). Really great movie.

1 comment:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Hey, that's why we have holidays--to chill out. You're very lucky to spend time in Tagaytay. I love the place.