Sunday, April 01, 2007

TMNT

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Animation
When Leo showed me the trailer of this movie, he was very excited. Apparently, he's a fan since he was a kid. Moreover knowing that the leader of the turtles is his namesake.

I was not expecting much from this movie. After all, I can't get the image of the old cartoons from my head (TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTeenageMutantNinjaTurtles). I also remember how it was such a big hit to the kids that they would submit drawings of their Turtles to PhilStar (or was that Inquirer) to feature in the kids section.

But I was surprisingly entertained, not only by the graphics but by the story as well. The graphics were very good. I'm not an expert but I like the way it looked. It also seemed a bit dark. As for the story, it's not original but it gave the immortal angle a different twist.

There are some flaws though. Like how all 13 monsters ended up in New York City. Or probably more background on Casey and April and probably on Splinter as well.

Nevertheless, I recommend it anyway.

3 comments:

Rene David said...

I learned that the movie "TMNT" toppled "300" as number 1 gross earner in the recent months. Wow!

Nonie David Carluen said...

when constantine was a small boy and did something naughty - tito tony would give him a choice of punishment and one of these choices was he will have to forgo watching these turtles for a week. constantine liked them so much he would rather sleep at 7:30 pm for a week rather than miss this program. he also loved staying up late you see. according to him he was nocturnal - a word he used on me when he was in year 2.

Ivy Tan said...

hey i watched this....super hirap nga ko makahanap ng kasama eh.....i love teenage mutant ninja turtles......fave ko si michealangelo laughtrip sya!!!! esp yung sa end when he wanted to add his "head" sa mala trophy case. hated the ending though...parang sobrang ok except the way it ended...may mali