Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Wedding Countdown

What kind of invites should Sunshine and Leo have?

formal invites (heavy paper, embossed printing)
 
 4

informal invites (pop-ups etc)
 
 0

others
 
 0

Once again, I checked my blog countdown and it's four months, four weeks and one day until our wedding. It's less than five months away! Yargh!!! Malapit na!!!


Well, perusing my checklist, I'm happy to say that the only big items pending are the flowers (yun pa ang nahuli!!!) and invites. I'm very frustrated with the flowers because I do not know what I want. My only exposure to flowers is what Leo gives me and it's usually just roses and tulips. Other than that, very limited knowledge. I'm tired of surfing and looking for the right flower combination and color. I think I'll leave this to my mother-in-law. She knows more about flowers than I do.


As for the invites, I'll have them printed by June so I can send them off to my relatives/friends abroad before month-end. Enough time for them to buy our pasalubongs (harharhar!). This is another item in contention. Leo and I haven't really decided what type of wedding invite we will have. I'm partial to having a pop-up invite but it looks so informal. On the other hand, I'm also leaning on getting the formal invites of The Write Impressions but they're kinda expensive. We'll decide by May. Sige nga, vote for your choice.


Also, I was contacted by Jong, our photographer, for us to hold our pre-nups by end of May. I still don't know my schedule if I can go on leave as he wants to shoot to happen on a weekday. We have shortlisted our locations to Tagaytay (their house) and Tagaytay Highlands. For sure, Tagaytay I just don't know where. I'm thinking we can go to Sonya's Garden but then it's too far. Baka nga Highlands nalang.

3 comments:

Nonie David Carluen said...

the invites are the first indication of the sort of wedding one is having. the pop-ups are acceptable for 18th or 21st birthday but i reckon a tad too informal for the kind of wedding you are having.

JC Sobejana said...

i agree with ninang. though unique but that would give you an impression that you'll be having a informal wedding.go for the formal invitation.

Norrie Blackeby said...

I would suggest a traditional formal invite. It is an indication of your wedding. Informal invites are really for casual events--and your wedding is far from that.