Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Horror Story

Well, not the unearthly kind.

While I was browsing through my Atkin's handbook, I read that not only should I weigh myself, I should also take measurements. So I went downstairs and found a tape measure and started measuring.

I started with the waist first. Before I start writing down figures, let me make it plain that I've debated for awhile whether I will post my numbers here or keep silent about them. But then, might as well tell the whole world (or at least those who would read this) so at least I'll have people cheering me on as I struggle to lose all these bad excess weight.

Friends, the heaviest that I've been was last December 2005. I weighed in at 187 lbs! I was very shocked when I saw my weight. What more when I started measuring last night? As I said, I started with my waist and I screamed when I saw what the tape measure was telling me. My waist is measured at 39". Thirty nine!!!! F*&&K Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt!!!! Good thing my door was closed since I was cursing and cursing and cursing. If I was 39 yesterday it meant that I was around 40 something last December! OMG!!!! What have I done to myself?!!! I remembered a time when I swore I will never reach 40" and there I was. Hitting 40 and eating as if there was tomorrow. I was so ashamed of myself.

I forged on and continued on with my measurements. My chest and hips were in the 40's and my arms and thighs were in the 20's! OMG. I could not barely believe it. It gave me more reason to SERIOUSLY lose weight and to follow my diet to the letter (without cheating or taking shortcuts). I felt so disgusted with myself. No wonder am beset with all these ailments and it's a miracle that my blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. My mom has always been nagging me to lose weight and I guess she was really worried for me. We have a history of heart problems and diabetes and she does not want to lose me to those ailments. If I want to live my life better and have the chance to see my grandchildren, I should take care of myself more. No more transfats for me!

I've been rice, pasta and bread-less for a week now and I feel absolutely great! I feel so...light. I have more energy now and I love my morning walks. I can't wait till the weekend so I can go walking/running around the park. Moreover, I can't wait to weigh and measure myself Tuesday next week to see if my weight and other measurements have improved. I hope it will be a pleasant surprise. Wish me luck and please keep my in your prayers.

1 comment:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Good luck Sunshine. Keep at it and understand that this is NOT just about dieting but about lifestyle. You're on your way.