Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Consultation

I went to my doctor today, after 4 months of not seeing her. No, I did not have my forgetfulness checked, I went to see my OB. I got the results of my sonomogram (?) taken last January. Of course it was negative for any lumps but at least I have the proof now. She also berated me for not taking the blood tests that she initially asked me to take. It was quite a battery of tests. CBC, glucose, even that thing with the folic acid and german measles thing (to get myself ready for child-bearing). No, I don't intend to get pregnant soon but if our plans will push through, it might be sooner than most people think (cross fingers!). She wants me to get those tests done so she'll know what kind of medication she can give me (I do have Polycystic Ovaries). She's also asking me to take Multivitamins and Calcium, and take note, not just ordinary Multivitamins and Calcium. I was instructed to buy these vitamins only at PriceSmart as those vitamins are like Centrum but very much cheaper (Centrum is P8/tablet while the MV at PS is P.50/tablet). Apparently, I have to take MV with at least 400mcg of folic acid. (Hey friends, please tell me if you're a member of PS. Please buy those MV's for me!) :) In the meantime, I'm going to continue on with my current medication until am ready to get pregnant. Afterwhich, she'll switch me to that medicine which diabetics also take (forgot what it's called) or she'll give me fertility pills--again, depending on the results of my bloodtest.
I had a nice workout at the gym today. FF+ has this new machine called "The Wave". I like it very much as it really makes me sweat without making it hurt too much. A 20 minute workout can make me lose 120-150 calories. What makes it more enjoyable is that there's an LCD screen on it wherein you can choose your own TV station to watch. Unfortunately, FF+'s cable service provider has limited channels. Wonder if the regular FF centers have this machine. Am considering upgrading my membership to have access to other regular FF centers (passport membership?).
Oh yeah, posted some new pics at my fotopage site. Posted pictures of my niece's birthday party. See my very cute niece and nephew.
 

3 comments:

Blair Bitch said...

curious lang ako what the wave? what kind of machine is it? also bakit mo kinakarir ang pagapa doctor...coz you want to have kids? whose your OB? nice ba sya? last one i went to i hated her and sungit and ang haba ng line sa kanya and she never comes on time....grrr ask naman ur ob if she is accredited by intellicare...maybe i should have myself checked as well.....at least something better to do kesa naman nakaharap lang ako sa computer hehehehe

cess said...

shine, saw the pics... how much weight have u lost na?

Ri said...

Gudnez... we have the same problem, I think. Or similar. Only my meds made me humongous and now I'm trying to shed off the pounds. Nope, not going to get pregnant anytime soon either ;p But then sooner IS better than later. Haha!