Saturday, June 03, 2006

Updates

Finally! I get to post something. It's been an interesting couple of weeks :)

===================

Taylor Hicks, is the new American Idol and I have never been so happy over a darn reality show. I first saw Taylor in the Las Vegas audition leg and he has been our favourite. It was his harmonica playing and the way he sings that really got to me. Especially when he sang his first song (Levon), I've never stopped believing that he could win--and he did.

Taylor defied the odds and amazingly, he never landed in the bottom 2 or bottom 3. That itself shows how much endearing he can be. Though I doubt he can get the teenager vote, but his voice definitely has soul. I'll definitely get his new single (I think it'll be out in June). I like him better than Carrie Underwood!

Speaking of celebrations, I have another reason to celebrate. Effective June 1, I'll be moving to a new position within the company (at a higher rank). Am very excited about it as it will entail different responsibilities and tasks. The job scope will be wider and I will be dealing with middle and top management people. Of course, there's trepidation as this will definitely be out of my comfort zone but the higher-ups are confident that I can do that job. If ever I do this right, there's another promotion waiting for me by the most, April next year. Gosh, I never dreamed that I will be climbing the corporate ladder and here I am, climbing it one rung at a time.

I have to practice my english and my grammar though (hopefully, it would translate to more blog posts) as most of my new work would entail correspondence and dealing with people across the business. Oh, and I also have to watch my p's and f's as I will be dealing with people from other countries as well. Gosh, am so excited! There will also be training and most of it will be out of the country! Wow, I get to use my passport. I haven't used it since 1987! How pathetic is that?!

Leo's on shifting again. I try not to complain much about his schedule (after all, he's doing this for us and our future etc etc) but it just plain sucks! For the month of May, he was on shifting from 4 pm to 1 am (European shift) and for the month of June, he'll be on shift from 12am to 9 am (10 pm to 7 am on days when he has classes). I miss him already :( At least I have this new job which will keep me preoccupied.

Speaking of class, I filed for residency for this term. As I thought that I will be moving to a new company, I went on leave as to concentrate on my new job. As it is, I really do need the leave as I'll be moving to another department/position. I've also started to get used to wearing make-up everyday. Now that, I really need to master. People have already remarked how more "fresh-looking" I look with the make-up and all. As I'll be in the floor where our HR is and where the head of the business is, I have to make myself presentable (as in corporate attire!). I went shopping for new clothes this weekend. I never realized how darned expensive blazers and nice looking clothes can be! I did find a shop (The Black Shop) where I got this nice black blouse with pearl buttons and matching black slacks! The fit's really nice and am looking forward to buying more stuff from them. I can't make it often though as their prices are really steep (compared to SM/Landmark of course). I bought a suit/skirt from SM at half the price of the slacks from The Black Shop!

Thanks to the Official Soul Patrol Website for the picture.

No comments: