Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Memory Lapse

Ok, am a bit alarmed how forgetful I have become. I thought it was just a mere case of forgetfulness but today's episode just made me sit back and think about it. It's ok if I just forgot where I put a certain object, but the recent cases involved money and it's something that I cannot afford to forget.

After my gym session early this evening, I bought a medium sized fresh mango shake at the stand outside the gym. I saw an MBA friend and we talked for a few minutes, then I went back to the office to fix my stuff and then I went to the shuttle station. When I was going to pay my fare, I could not remember, for the life of me, whether I paid for my mango shake. I surmised that I must've paid for it, otherwise, the vendor would've called my attention. But I really could not remember how much I paid and what bills I used. Heck, just last week when I boarded the shuttle going to work, I could not remember whether the dispatcher gave me my change. And that was when I sat down on my seat on the shuttle! Less than a minute AFTER he handed me my change. I had to check my wallet whether there's a 5 peso coin there!

I don't know what is causing these memory lapses. I read somewhere that lack of sleep can contribute to short term memory loss, but I know am getting enough sleep! Recalling names and events are becoming more difficult now and I have to think twice before I say something. What should I do?!

2 comments:

Blair Bitch said...

take glutaphos?hehehe seriously hay i have the same problem but trust me mine is worst! lahat na lang nawawala ko

cess said...

- you're not paying attention to what you're doing?

or

- ilang taon ka na ba talaga lola ?(hehehe!)