Friday, September 10, 2004

3 AM

I woke up at 3 freaking-thirty this morning, after having only 4 hours of sleep. I could not remember what woke me up but I had a difficult time falling back to sleep.

Noticed that this has been happening for the past couple of days. I tried
playing that lovely palm Bejeweled game to lull me to sleep but it did not work.
I just turned off the lights and laid there thinking.

So many thoughts ran through my mind this morning. All of them quite disturbing. One major thought was regarding a decision which I had to make regarding my career. So many questions, but the answers are so few (that sounds like a line from a song).

I tried to discern and use the techniques that I have culled from the numerous
seminars that I've attended for the past four years with SCB. One particular
technique refers to prioritizing. Once I get my priorities straight, then making
the choice will not be difficult. Will I priorities my studies or my work more?
Am I the type of person who would go for career growth? Or am I the type of
person who wants to develop her character more than her career? (Hmmm...writing
this all down makes decision making so much easier! Looks like I'm getting
something here.)

I have received negative comments from people who I have asked and they have raised valid points. But those points would be relevant if I would prioritize one more than the other. I have until Monday to make my decision. Hopefully, I will make the right one. Please do keep me in your prayers.

Oh yeah, I ended up getting up at 5 am to prepare breakfast and was at work by 6
am. After drinking coffee in the morning and caramel coffee jelly in the
afternoon, I stayed in the office until 730 pm still awake and kicking although
my brain then already shut down. I also barely ate anything the whole day (if
you don't count the bagel during breakfast). Good thing this rarely happens.

Fridays are the worst day to work. It's the day with our lowest productivity and
it's difficult to get people to work. I also have to wake up early tomorrow.
Have a breakfast date with an old friend at the Makati Shangri-la. We haven't
seen each other in ages and we wanted to see each other before she relocates to
Cebu next month.

No comments: