Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Updates

I haven't updated my blogspot for the past four days. Had difficulty logging in since I had to compete with two other people for internet time. Oh wait, make that four since my sister has a new laptop. (My twin sister married a techie who's based in the States. So he sent her a spanking new Thinkpad and my other sister bought the old Dell laptop. Heck, their laptops are more updated than mine! Theirs have wireless lan cards! Waaaahhh!!!)

Let me see, where do I start with the updates.

SATURDAY

I had a fun start for my Saturday. I met up with an old friend in the morning and we had a buffet breakfast at the Makati Shangri-la (her treat!). We spent 2 glorious hours there where we swapped stories and she gave me wonderful advice regarding my career. Afterwhich, we walked to Glorietta where she helped me choose a nice foundation make-up. We then proceeded to Going Straight where I had a footspa (with pedicure) and hot oil/henna wax (her treat again! Grabe! Sobrang nahiya ako). I felt so great and presentable afterwards. Good thing since I had dinner that night with my SO's family.




That's me together with my friend, Kay. As I mentioned previously, she's relocating to Cebu by next month. It's sad how we take friends for granted sometimes. Like us for example. We've been schoolmates since grade school and became good friends/barkada in high school. We joined the same college in DLSU (only to abandon her after a year). Nevertheless, we stayed in touch even afterwards and we meet around once a year (even more than a year). When I saw her last Saturday, I realized how much I've missed her. How much I've missed her humour and her generousity (it's not everyday that I have a friend who treats me to a nice breakfast and self-pampering package. Heck! When we were in high school/college, she'd use to give me bags of lanzones from their very own plantation!). She also made me realize how lucky I am and that there are some people who hide their insecurities well. She also gave me a sermon regarding my insecurities. Being the healthy people we are, she told me to stop comparing myself to other people and to start feeling beautiful in my own right. As Christina Aguilera's song goes:

We are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring us down
We are beautiful in every single way
Words can't bring us down
Don't let it bring us down today.

We are definitely beautiful and she proved that beauty definitely comes from within. It's just that some people doesn't know how to see beyond the physical aspect and look what's really inside. Kay is one of the most beautiful people that I have had the priveledge of knowing and it's a big loss that most men does not see that (heck, my SO saw how beautiful she is. Shows how special my SO is. Hah!).

After the self-pampering, I caught a cab going to Alabang Town Center where I met up with Leo. We watched "Dodgeball" (a must-watch! Ben Stiller is very much hilarious here: "Don't make me bleed in my own blood.") and as previously mentioned, had dinner at Via Mare with Leo's parents, Leo's sister and brother-in-law.

Leo's parents invited me to watch a show that their community sponsored. They're both active members of the Folkalare. I think they want me to be a member too. I have no complaints since our Sector Head at Singles for Christ even endorsed the group to me. The group is actually non-sectarian and teaches the basic principle of all religions: Love, Peace and Family.

SUNDAY

My good friend at work (actually she resigned already) got married in Christian rites last Sunday at EDSA Shangri-la. Here's a picture featuring me and Leo. The picture turned out OK. First time that we attended a formal gathering together. Must say that we look good!




First time I attended a Christian wedding and it's definitely different than a Catholic one. There's still the exchange of vows and rings, but the ceremony is shorter. The vows were also made by the couple. Not something that they read off a misalette. I may follow that in my own wedding. I would want my vows to come from my heart and not from somebody's else's wedding.




The bride and groom are the pair on the far right (of course, the bride is the one wearing the really nice gown and her groom is the one behind her). I hope I don't step on anyone's toes when I say this, but her wedding was the most beautiful wedding that I've attended in terms of people. I have never seen so many beautiful people in my entire life! My friend was so enchanting and her sisters and family, my gosh! I have never seen a family that's so beautifully blessed! You could say that it's because they are a happy family. Her mother approached our table and greeted me like she've known me all my life. I was so embarassed because apparently, my friend talks to her about me. She kept on complementing me and that doubled my embarassment because coming from her, I knew it was sincere (because of that, she earned a spot in my principals sponsor list for my wedding--as if!). My friend and her family are the most sincere and honest people I have ever met. That's why she's always so radiant.

MONDAY

Technically first day of school but my first class was today. Nothing special at work (although I did exceed my productivity by 64%. Got a commendation from my boss because of that).

TUESDAY

My first class and Leo's my classmate! We had Business Ethics this evening. I admit, I had dificulty concentrating at first with Leo there by my side. But I managed to concentrate on the subject and hopefully, would be able to apply the learnings to my life.

No comments: