Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Tests and Other Stuff

Being the start of the term and a weekday with nothing to do, I decided to surf around and answer some of the tests that my friends seem to love. Here's one from Tickle.

What Kind of Girlfriend Are You?

Catherine, you're a Steady Supporter

Stand by your man — that's just something you naturally do. Once you've committed to a relationship, you are a constant companion who enjoys the comfort and stability that comes from being a couple. Not quick to judge, accuse, or think the worst, you have a lot of trust (in him and in yourself), and you rarely worry about where he is or who he's with.


My gosh, I absolutely sound so boring! But hey, it does sound so me. Maybe that's what my SO wants. Maybe I should show this to him and get his take on it. Hehe.

According to the list, other types of girlfriends are:
- Amorous Adventurer
- Laidback Lover
- Passionate Partner
- Romantic Realist

Come to think of it, I think I'm happy being a Steady Supporter. If there's one thing I value in a relationship and in myself, it's stability. Emotional, Spiritual or Financial, it doesn't matter as long as everything's in a balance. I know that might be highly improbable, but as long as one is met, I can survive.

I don't know what made me consider having a "stable" relationship rather than a tumultuous and passionate one that some of my friends seem to prefer. Maybe because I'm growing old. Maybe I could have entered into such a relationship if I was younger, but age brings wisdom. Maybe having a stable relationship would give me something permanent to hold on to, considering that my family life has been pretty unstable for the past few years (nothing much I can do about that).

Wanting a relationship would not necessarily mean that my happiness would be dependent on the other person. I do love spending time with my SO, but I ensure that I can be happy and complete even if I'm by myself. One trap that I would not want to fall in is that I revolve my life around my SO. Making him the source of my happiness and/or sadness. That I would not want to happen. Somewhere in the future, there will be a time when we will be apart (whether temporarily or permanent) and I would want to be happy even without him. I'm sure I will miss him, but I do not want to be suicidal just because he's gone.

What's Your Romantic Fantasy?

Catherine, looks like your romantic fantasy is Breakfast in Bed!

There are few things better than waking up to the smell of hot coffee and sizzling bacon, or fresh fruit and granola, especially when it's right under your nose. What is it about the combination of breakfast and bed? It can be more intimate than a candlelit dinner, yet as comfortable as an old pair of slippers. And this is only the start of your Breakfast in Bed romantic fantasy.

Yours is a dream inhabited by your trusty sweetheart and reliable soul mate, not by mysterious men from exotic places. Whether it's a cozy night next to a roaring fire, or an evening eating pizza straight from the box while wrapped up in a blanket on the floor, you love the fact that your fantasy doesn't need to venture far from reality.

That doesn't mean you don't like a good surprise every now and then. Flowers on your pillow or tickets to the hot new show are enough to provide a year's worth of future daydreams.


I was laughing when I read this. The first thing that came into mind was that I would never eat in bed. One thing that has been taught to us and which we learned the hard way, is that if you eat in bed, ants will surely come! So if it's going to be breakfast in bed, there should be no sugar and nothing that would attract those darn ants! I also don't see the roaring fire. The only time I ever experienced a fire place was when we were in Baguio with a 10 degrees celsius temperature outside. But hey, if the weather will permit, why not, coconut?!

Other fantasies are:

- Castle in the Sky
- Garden of Eden
- Romantic Rescue
- Romp on the Beach
- The Foreign Affair

Man, after seeing all those fantasies, I'm beginning to think that I am indeed boring! Hehehe.

No comments: