Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Sevenfold

It's one of those weeks that I wish was over. At least it's going to be Thursday tomorrow.

I had a 3 hour lunchbreak today. I went to the grocery of SM Makati to buy the goods that we're distributing to the Aeta kids this Friday. It was the first time that I bought in bulk. Imagine the surprise of the merchandisers when I asked for 680 pcs of Payless Noodles, 340 pcs of Palmolive Soap, 1020 sachets of Vaseline shampoo, 170 pcs of Beam toothpaste and Colgate Toothbrush.

I wish though that I was notified of this even a month in advance so I could have solicited from P&G or Unilever even. But no! They had to tell me a week from the actual event. Good thing there's budget. The whole shopping trip put a PHP15K dent on my credit card (and they'd better reimburse me before my due date. I am forced to be a transactor).

It's unfortunate that we all can't go. Only my boss and I will be going. It's a weekday (and a Friday at that) and we need people to man the fort. However, I'll ask for special dispensation from our boss. It is, after all, her birthday and start of the month. Maybe other people from our department can join us.

Leo and I also celebrated our 7th month of togetherness yesterday. After our class, we had dinner at the Chinese Monk at Rockwell. We were actually looking for Japanese, but unfortunately, the restaurants were already closed (it was after 9 pm already). It's a big countdown to our first year anniversary. It's five more months, but I'm sure it's going to be fast.

We also had one of our heart to heart talks regarding our relationship and where we're headed. I'm so happy we had that talk. Let's just say, 30 will be a good age for us (he's four months younger than me).

No comments: