Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Day 7 of my Block Leave

For those who just ate, please don't read this first.

Other than last Wednesday, today is also a very productive day for me.

I FINALLY went to a derma and had my warts and skin tags removed. I had some on my neck removed last year at Let's Face It but they grew back. Leo accompanied me yesterday to the Healthway clinic at Alabang Town Center (he's paying for it after all) and made an appointment for today. So I was an my doctor's clinic by 11 am sharp. My doctor, Dr. Patricia Tinio is a very congenial person. She's one of the nicest doctors I've ever met. So if ever you want to consult a derma with your skin problems, she has a clinic at Casa Filipina Bldg and at Healthway Clinic at Alabang Town Center. She's a big improvement from the derma I consulted before at the Medical Clinic at Megamall. Dr. Tinio is 35 yet she looks like she got out of college! Now that's what I call a good derma.

Anyway, she applied numbing cream on the warts and skin tags first and left to settle for 30 minutes. I rested for a bit and when she returned, she started snipping and cauterizing. Even with the numbing cream, I could still feel (and smell) the burning flesh. At least when she snipped the skin tags, they weren't painful, they did bleed though. Ugh ugh ugh. Ewwwwwwwwww. The things we do for beauty. Sigh.

My skin was very pink and swollen after it was done. She removed quite a bit from my face, neck and torso. I'm so glad I already took a bath this morning because she told me to not take a bath for the next 24 hours. She gave me some healing cream to enable the scabs to form faster so I can wash my face and body tomorrow. I am SO glad I did this while am on vacation. I don't think I could go to work the next day without taking a bath. Ewwww!

I had my cousin pick me up afterwards and we went to A-1 Driving School over at President's Avenue so I can finally enroll for driving lessons. I enrolled for the 10 hours lesson and also requested for assistance to get my student driver's permit. There will also be a classroom lecture tomorrow and then I'll be scheduling my actual driving lessons sometime next week. Am so excited to do this. This is such a nice present for myself. It's high time I learned how to drive considering am 30 years old already.

Now all that's left is to see another doctor to check out the lump that they found during my physical. Then it's a vacation well spent.

1 comment:

Blair Bitch said...

grabe ang productive naman nag block leave mo nakakaingit.....=)