Monday, November 10, 2008

Block Leave

I can't wait to start my block leave. It'll start on the 19th of November and I'm due back to work on the 4th of December.

I have so many things lined up to do and I hope I can finish them:

1. Prepare the baby's room - the spare room is a big mess. It's basically where we put stuff that we don't use but might use. We need to get rid some of the stuff to make way for the baby stuff.

2. Buy baby stuff - so far the big major thing that we already have for the baby is the baby carrier. Other big purchases are: crib, stroller, cabinet, sterilizer and breast pump (yes, I intend to exclusively breastfeed for the first 3 months).

3. Finish Christmas shopping - I really don't know how far along I am in our Christmas list. I have to sit down and check out the stuff that we already bought and match them to the people in the list.

4. Wrap Christmas gifts - I love wrapping gifts. I'm already preparing my gift-wrapping station. I already bought dozens of gift wrappers and had stickers prepared. Can't wait to start wrapping!

5. 3D/4D ultrasound - I also scheduled this during my block leave and on a weekday. Hopefully, there will be fewer people at the clinic and the doctor can take her time. I'm glad I already had my congenital scan done and the baby's healthy. With the 3D/4D ultrasound, we can have a clearer view of the baby and probably see who he looks like.

And some other stuff.

Leo and I intend to go somewhere also for my birthday but we haven't really talked about it. For sure, I can't travel too far as sitting for too long a period makes my back ache already.

13 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

i bought you a breast pump already. didn't you receive it yet???? with regards to your nursery...i'm sure you'll gonna get over this soon. just buy the neccessary stuff only, ok.

uy christmas gift daw!!! yehey, i gonna have a gift from my sister...

Carlo Balikbayan de la Rama said...

give birth already

Nonie David Carluen said...

what is Block Leave? is this a polite form of forced annual leave?

Ivy Tan said...

sarap mo naman! i wish i have block leave as well.
hey let's meet up sa weekend ng st. james bazaar...i'll be in alabang lang =)

Sunshine Sangalang said...

di pa kami nagkikita ni tita loida. they moved the padasal kasi last minute eh hindi ako puwede last saturday. dapat today magkikita kami sa makati kaso ang lakas ng ulan and commute lang ako pauwi. i'll schedule something. anong klaseng breast pump yon?

Sunshine Sangalang said...

by the time you return for your vacation, you have a brand new nephew to babysit errr play with :)

Sunshine Sangalang said...

yes, it's a polite form of forced annual leave. minimum is 10 days. i have a staff who went on leave for 8 days, went back to work for a day, then continued the 2 days. that was cited as an audit finding in my unit. sucked big time but it's not acceptable. should be 10 straight days.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

sure! pupunta din kami ng bazaar. we'll be parking our car as early as 7AM doon sa likod ng bazaar and then we'll have the driver drop us off sa bazaar at 9AM para meron kaming tambakan ng pinamili namin. hehe. i heard that there will be 550 concessionaires! exciting! feeling ko sasakupin nila yung football field. sana naman medyo maluwang na at hindi yung siksikan. di ko na kaya makipagsiksikan. maiipit ang tiyan ko!

JC Sobejana said...

manual...same as mine. buti na nga lang libre yung sakin sa hospital kase i didn't use it that much. i prefer nursing her instead para bonding kami pareho.

Ivy Tan said...

hey great see you then...maybe we can coffee or something hahaha ok ang gameplan nyo ha shucks which means i have to be extra early there =(

Sunshine Sangalang said...

no coffee for me pero si leo, puwede. :)
i'm sure maraming kainan doon. we can find something to eat/drink.
just text me. we'll probably be there everyday. haha!

Ivy Tan said...

hahaha for sure ako rin

Nonie David Carluen said...

fair enough - you should take them on blocks of 10 straight days - but do you at least get the option of taking them WHEN you want them? what i always found ironic in working for the bank was i never got to BANK my annual leave. we can have any time we like EXCEPT christmas season, easter season, school holidays & the day before and day after the bank holiday in august. also it was preferred if we did not take them wherein a long weekend was involved. perhaps i am now getting my just reward for having to put up with this crap for 13 years.