Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 3 of Block Leave

After a hard day of cleaning yesterday, I resolved to just take it easy today.

Late this morning, Leo and I went to Town Center. I bought a copy of the latest issue of YES! magazine (it's the only local showbiz magazine that I read) and had lunch at Mexicali (somehow, the food tastes different there compared to their branch in RCBC). Afterwards, we had dessert at Razon's (love the halo-halo yumyum) and did some shopping at National Bookstore and Toys R Us.

When Leo took me home, I resumed wrapping gifts. Late in the afternoon, I realized that I underestimated the gift wrappers so we're going to the bazaar tomorrow morning to buy some more and probably buy gifts as well.

There's something therapeutic about gift wrapping, probably like origami. Though my skills are pretty simple and sometimes crude, I love taping and folding the wrappers. I've even copied the style of the professional gift wrappers by using double-sided adhesive (yeah, it's more expensive than scotch tape but hey, it makes the gift look clean!). I don't have ribbons though but I did have custom-made gift tag-stickers done at Robee Stickers (I love this shop! Too bad they closed their branch here at Town Center. Now I have to go all the way to Glorietta 3 to have the stickers made).

To make sure my lower back doesn't ache too much from the sitting, I placed two cushions on my monoblock chair. To set the mood, I even played christmas songs while wrapping! Now, the baby's room is again a mess but it's due to the Christmas gifts scattered all over the room.

We went to Alba's at Westgate for dinner to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. It was my first time to eat there and the food was ok. We got Chris (my BIL) some golf balls which he can use in the driving range.

I'll probably sleep in an hour. I'm happy though as I sleep throughout the night (with a couple of bathroom breaks in between). I now wake up at 7 or 8 AM. I don't nap anymore in the afternoon though as I get enough sleep throughout the night. Maybe when I'm done with the wrapping and cleaning, I'll resume my old habit of napping in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

i love gift wrapping as well even if di ako magaling sobra ko syang na enjoy. buti ka pa super near to the bazaars...cant wait for next week

Norrie Blackeby said...

Gift wrapping? Now that's what I call organised!