Tuesday, August 24, 2004

5 lbs

That's the amount of poundage that I lost in a month. My doctor was more excited than I am for the weight loss. Our aim was actually only 1 to 2 lbs a month. She's looking at a 5 year plan for me to lose all these excess and bad weight. Hopefully, the loss will be dramatic in 6 months so I can return to my regular cycle.

I had my ovaries, thyroid gland and whatever organ that should interrupt with my cycle tested. All of them (including my testosterone level---yes, we women also have that) are within the normal bracket. I just had to accept the fact that I'm naturally fat. That I'm fat not because of any organ or hormonal imbalance, but just because I eat a lot and have led a sedentary lifestyle.

I lost those 5 lbs, I guess most of it, last weekend. I think I mentioned in my previous post that we had to finish reading this 72 page paper and during that day, we also had an oral report (with a small percentage that we will be called to report). I barely had something to eat for breakfast because I found myself engrossed in the paper (The Asian Financial Crisis. Wow. So exciting!). I also decided to skip lunch since my partner and I were still putting some finishing touches on our report. I only had one bottle of gatorade which sustained me the rest of the day.

When Leo came to fetch me from school, I was beside myself with hunger. We went to Greenbelt and while waiting for Leo to cool down from the heat outside, I brought myself a light snack and proceeded to eat verrryyyy sloooowwwllly. I did not want to "surprise" my stomach with a heavy meal.

I was eating less than usual before that and that sort of set the stage for the decrease in my food intake. Hopefully, I would be able to sustain this.

Now comes the disadvantage of losing all these weight. What will I wear now? I can't afford a wardrobe overhaul. Hopefully, I can find something in my closet which would fit me. I think I haven't given away some of my old clothes yet.

No comments: