Saturday, August 21, 2004

Five, Six, Seven Days

It's finals week again. Another week of sleepless nights and frayed nerves. My finals for Business Law will be on Thursday plus a mandatory class party (can you believe that attendance will be 15% of the grade?! Where's the equity, fairness and justice in that?!) for the aforementioned subject on Friday and Business Economics finals will be on the succeeding day (Saturday afternoon).

I'm taking a couple of days off from work on Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully, that would give me ample time to cram 14 weeks worth of lectures into my brain. It does not help that our law finals will be theoretical in nature (unlike our midterms which was something akin to a case analysis). I still have no idea what our economics finals will be like but I pray to the high heavens that it will be UNLIKE our midterms which, literally squeezed every economics knowledge from my brain. I was reduced to playing the addicting Bejeweled game afterwards (I did pass that--by the skin of my teeth!).

Even with the tons of readings and analysis, I'm grateful for these subjects. I just finished reading a 72 page paper on the Asian Financial Crisis in preparation for our discussion later and I'm still trying to sort the information out in my mind. We also have a reporting as well regarding Economic figures and whatsoever during that.

If I survive this week without losing my mind, I'm going to relax next week. I don't know how I'll be able to do that considering that "term break" is only for two weeks. But at least I won't have Saturday classes again next term.

TEN DAYS

to go before the end of the month. Time surely flies by so fast (especially when you're having fun?). It's been one year since I started my MBA (and since I met Leo. Hehe). I'm formally starting my core subjects next term: Ethics and Marketing Management. I'm a bit nervous about Marketing since anything related to selling and PR is not my strong point. Contrary to what people think, I'm actually an introvert by nature. Second term of SY 2004-2005 will formally start on the 13th of September.

No comments: