Tuesday, August 10, 2004

101...and Stopping

My December 14 post mentioned us going to a place somewhere in Quezon City wherein we celebrated the 101st birthday of the eldest sister of my grandfather. We received news this morning that she died in her sleep. We'll be going to the funeral parlor later to pay our last respects.

This led me to the thought of how I would want to die. I know these thoughts may be too premature considering I'm a bit too young to think of dying. But hey, it's a fact of life that we would all eventually have to face.

Some people would want to die early, while others would want to die late in life. It depends on how they perceive the world and their life. I would prefer to die late in life and hopefully, not violently. I want to live my life to the fullest so that when I eventually leave this world, I know I was able to accomplish my role in the scheme of things.

No comments: