Monday, August 16, 2004

AAAARGGGGHHH!!!!

One thing I hate about interfaces such as these. You press the wrong button at the wrong time, all the text that you worked hard to type just disappear. Now, I have to remember what I just spent a good portion of an hour writing.

PMS

I've been suffering this dreaded syndrome of women for more than a week now. I'm feeling better today, although I did break down this afternoon at work (don't you just hate when a person at work makes life so difficult for you? And this is not even my boss?!). And was I such an obnoxious bitch in class last Saturday. Don't even let me start on that.

Men can't seem to fathom this mystery called PMS. All they know is that if a woman is suffering from it, the best strategy is to stay away. Hell knows no fury of a PMS-stricken woman. Heck, I think I made so many enemies this week. Or maybe I'm just so sensitive that I'm thinking that everyone hates me even if it's nothing. At least my SO is so supportive about the whole thing.

Heck, there should be a support group for PMS suffering women. This is too much for me to take on alone. Even if Leo is there to listen to my griping and whining, nothing beats women empathy.

All the while, I thought PMS was just a myth (if you've been experiencing amenorrhea regularly for more than four years, you tend to forget), but after these few weeks, I'm an avid believer. I just wish there's an antidote for this.

LATEST MBA NEWS

We got a 3.5 in our Business Law report. We were a bit disappointed since we're aiming for a 4.0 but because of a "technicality", we got a 3.5. I feel that we should've disputed the grade but I was too tired to say anything anymore. AT least it's all over. Now all I need to do is to study for our final exam two weeks from now.

I'm glad that this term is almost over (it seems that I always feel this way every term-end). My workload at school is getting heavier and heavier every term. I think it'll be heavier since I'll be taking core subjects already next term.

One thing I appreciate about my subjects this term, is that I'm learning to appreciate discussion programs on TV. Just a few days ago, I was channel surfing when I came upon this forum in ANC or Channel 23. The topic was the 2-child policy that's making the rounds in the news. I would normally switch the channel to a different program, but I found myself watching it and would have stayed if not for the objections of my siblings who were watching tv with me.

According to a yahoogroup post that I read (thank you Patrick Salamat), currently, the government's accepted number of children is 4. This was deduced from the number of child exemptions a married with children taxpayer can claim. If they want to make it uncomfortable for taxpayers to have more than 2 children, just reduce the claimable exemptions to 2.

However, the problem with this system is that you'll be making it more difficult to those who are already having difficulty with their lives. Note that majority of those who have more than 4 children come from the lower-income or below minimum wage bracket . The politician who wants to introduce this bill believes that he is taking the cue from China (I don't think though that the government would be slaughtering infants or legalizing abortion soon). But our circumstances are different from them.

I think though that population is not the main problem. Yes, minimizing population is a good thing (it would increase our GDP rate and would hopefully make our poverty levels more manageable. Hey, did you know that Bill Gates can buy us if he wants to? He's worth more than our country's GNP), but it's not the major problem that should be addressed. What that main problem is is still open to debate.

No comments: