Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Focus on Problems vs. Focus on Solutions

I'll never forget the forwarded message sent to us by our boss back then. It's a perfect example of focusing on problems rather than jumping immediately to solutions. Sometimes, that's the problem that everyday people experience. People argue because they can't agree on the problem on the first place. Once you focus on a problem, a solution will come easily.

I know, easily said than done. Heck, I have lots of problems with ready solutions yet I find implementation so difficult. I still hold hope that someday, I'll be able to get through this.

==========================

When NASA began the launch of astronauts into space, they found out that the pens wouldn't work at zero gravity (Ink won't flow down to the writing surface). In order to solve this problem, it took them one decade and $12 million. They developed a pen that worked at zero gravity, upside down, underwater, in practically any surface including crystal and in a temperature range from below freezing to over 300 degrees C.

And what did Russians do.......................................??

The Russians used a Pencil!!!

No comments: